What types of people there are and how to speak to them.
Everyone falls within the bounds of a set framework that help you understand how to most effectively communicate with them. This is great news because once you understand how to use it to your advantage when wording posts you’ll have a power that most have no idea exists.You’ll also be able to gain insight on the majority of your audience by testing the content and seeing what category your fans are falling into.
The six personality types are:
- Thinker: they are responsible, logical & organised, preferring to deal in logic
- Persister: They are dedicated, observant & conscientious, preferring to deal in values
- Harmoniser: They are compassionate, sensitive & warm, preferring to deal in compassion
- Rebel: They are spontaneous, creative & playful, preferring to deal in humour
- Imaginer: They are imaginative, reflective & calm, preferring to deal in imagination
- Promoter: They are adaptable, persuasive & charming, preferring to deal in charm
Once you understand where a person fits into these you can communicate more effectively. This will not only help you in your Social Media posts but also in Life in general. See this article about how NASA uses these principles to hire astronauts.
If you are talking to a thinker about feelings then you are going to miss the mark in communication, however, if you use logic in that conversation then you are going to have a much higher percentage of success. The good news is that you can mix and match with a post to ensure you’re hitting home.
This post is part of the FREE course, Social Media Mastery. To signup, click here